What is a Digital Signature Certificate(DSC)?
A Digital certificate is a form of an electronic credential for the Internet.
Similar to a driver's license, employee ID card, a Digital certificate is issued by a trusted third party to establish the identity of the certificate holder.
The third party who issues the Digital Certificate is known as the Certifying Authority (CA).,
Digital signatures are electronically generated and can be used to ensure the integrity and authenticity of data, such as an e-mail message, communication packets on the website and protect against non-repudiation.
These are valid across all over India.
Types of Digital Signature
Class 2A :Used for - E Tendering, Income Tax Returns e-filing, Filing of E Forms, MCA 21 & ROC, Signing Form 16 / 16A, LLP, Signing of PDF Documents, TDS Certificates, Signing E Mails, VAT Returns.
Class 3A :Used for - E Tendering, ROC, Income tax, DGS&D, Trade Mark, IRCTC, E Procurement, E Bidding, E Mail Signing, PDF Signing.
Documents required :-
Recent Passport Size Photograph (Pasted on the Application form and Signed across the Photo)
1. ID Proof:- (Any One)
Pan Card, Passport, Driving License, Photo ID Issued by Central Or State Government, Voter ID, Aadhar Card.
2. Address Proof :- (Any One)
Passport, Driving License, Ration Card, Voter ID, Service Tax/ VAT registration Certificate, Property tax/ Municipal tax Receipt, Electricity Bill/Telephone Bill (Not Older than 3 Months).
If Apply Class2B, 3B - Proof of Right to do Business (Any one of the Following) :-
Latest annual Report / Balance sheet, Latest Income Tax Returns, Organization Bank Details on Banks Letter Head/ Latest Bank statement attested by Bank.
DGFT: Used for - Importers & Exporters. (www.dgft.gov.in)
Phone Verification Process
By SMS :
By Call :
- Message should start with keyword SAFE followed with a space and text- as given below.
"<Request ID>Space<E mail ID>Space<confirmed>"
Eg: - 12345678 firstname.lastname@example.org confirmed
- Send SMS from only that number which is you provided on Sify Digital Signature form.
- Send SMS to mobile number +919900014440
- Calling On 1800-419-2929 (Extn 8) Tell him your details as per your provided documents for Sify Digital Signature Certificate form.
- Call from only that number which is you provided to on Sify Digital Signature Certificate form.